Re: Will this capacitor fail?

Glydeck

You should be fine. 20% above 200 volts would be 240 volts. BTW, the schematic shows the value C744 as 170 micro farad.

George KD6NEW

On Aug 20, 2019, at 9:16 PM, DW <wilson2115@...> wrote:

I have a Tektronix 577 curve tracer and I am recapping the power supply board that is located at the rear of the instrument. I am looking at replacing C744 which is a 250V 1700uF capacitor. I found a 250V 1800uF capacitor but the capacitor installed is a 275V capacitor though the manual states 250V. I am curious how much voltage typically runs across C744 so I don't destroy a capacitor, thanks