-----Original Message-----
From: TekScopes@groups.io [mailto:TekScopes@groups.io] On Behalf Of Greg Muir via Groups.Io
Sent: Friday, August 16, 2019 10:28 PM

Dick,

The offerings from distributors are poorly worded to a great extent making it rather confusing as to what the offering is.. Looking in a 1966 Tektronix catalog (yes, these things have been around for some time) on page 145 they single out the "probe" (cable) from the CT series current transformers by stating that the "probe" serves as an interconnecting cable between the current transformer and oscilloscope. And it was a jaw drop to see the prices then as compared to now:

CT-2 current transformer: $17
P6041 current probe: $12
Both together: $31

If you look on Newark, they specifically call out the P-6041 as the cable only (https://www.newark.com/tektronix/p6041/ac-current-probe/dp/11B2427) and offer the CT probes together with the P-6041 for a price in the $800 range. The current price offering as compared to the 1966 one seems to have appreciated in a manner akin to that of gold.

As to why one would give a cable the label of "probe" as well as a probe model designation is beyond me. The CT-6 is a horse of a different color and also draws a hefty price close to $1k. But it's bandwidth is good to 2 GHz.

Greg

--
Dennis Tillman W7PF
TekScopes Moderator