Re: 5xx 'Scopes

Mlynch001

On Wed, Aug 14, 2019 at 01:24 PM,
I once asked Deane Kidd, when I was in his lab, which he recommended, 576 or
577. His answer was definitive: the 577 hands down. So that is what I found to
replace my 575 10 years ago. I have had both the 577-D2 and 577-D1 over the
years since and there is no question that the 577-D1 (storage) version has
more capabilities although the storage is tricky to adjust and is sometimes
annoying.

I am now fortunate to own both a 576 and a 577 and all the optional "front
porches" so I can test just about anything. . .

Dennis Tillman W7PF
Dennis,

Is there as specific reason that the 577 is the preferred instrument? I have both working instruments and am looking to sell one of the two. I do not know enough about either to say which is better. Looking for some sage advice.

Thanks

--
Michael Lynch
Dardanelle, AR