-----Original Message-----
From: Chuck Harris
Sent: Wednesday, August 14, 2019 5:17 AM

I would have to beg to differ, the 577 has the same left/right sockets, left/right lever switch, and as such, comparison capability as the 576.
It even uses the same dual transistor plugin adapters.
It (with the right option) even has a split screen storage capability.
What it doesn't have is any form of on screen readout display of the settings.

-Chuck Harris

sdturne@q.com wrote:
On Tue, Aug 13, 2019 at 07:59 AM, Mlynch001 wrote:

One of the best finds of mine was a very nice Type 576 Curve Tracer
(at a great price). The 576 has indeed helped me repair other
equipment. More importantly, it has greatly increased my
understanding of all these little pieces of black plastic with various wires protruding from the sides.

Michael Lynch
Dardanelle, AR
That's exactly the model I would like to find. The 577 is smaller but lacks the ability to do A-B comparison testing. The 576 can do vacuum tubes too, with the right test fixture if I'm not mistaken.

Sean

--
Dennis Tillman W7PF
TekScopes Moderator