Re: 5xx 'Scopes

@0culus

On Sun, Aug 11, 2019 at 12:25 PM, Dennis Tillman W7PF wrote:

Chuck comments reminded me that I forgot to mention one other intriguing
possibility since you have a 7104: Get yourself a 519. This was the original,
and first ever, 1GHz scope Tek made. It make a nice comparison to the 7104.
Since it was produced from 1961 to 1974 it almost overlaps the 7104 which was
introduced in 1978. The contrast between the two instruments shows how
astounding Tektronix advanced oscilloscope technology. In 17 years Tek
revolutionized the capabilities of the oscilloscope from a tiny 2cm x 6cm
single channel barely visible trace into a dual channel 8div x 10div
(0.85cm/div) plug-in lab scope with over 80 plugins you can use with it.

For a few minutes I had a 519 on my bench next to my 7104. And then to my
relief Barrie Gilbert arrived to take the 519. I really didn't have room for
it anywhere so I was glad to see it leave.

Dennis Tillman W7PF
Huh, that is an excellent point. I wouldn't be surprised if there are some around locally due to the reasons mentioned in a prior message. I'll keep my eyes open.

Sean