Re: 5xx 'Scopes

@0culus

On Sun, Aug 11, 2019 at 11:53 AM, Chuck Harris wrote:

If you want heat, the 547 is a poor choice, being mostly solid state.
Better would be a 535, 535A, 545, 545A, 585, or 585A. Nice long
vacuum tube distributed vertical amplifiers...

If you are a true glutton for punishment, any of the 519, 555, 556 or
565 would do the trick, in spades.

Of course, your high electric usage might get you a visit from DEA...

-Chuck Harris
Ha! They may already be interested if that's the case. :o) Man, a 555 or 556 would be amazing. A dual beam scope is definitely something I don't have. Based on Mr. Carlson's tour of his 555, I'd say that should satisfy heat requirements and then some.

Sean