From: TekScopes@groups.io [mailto:TekScopes@groups.io] On Behalf Of David DiGiacomo
Sent: 24 July 2019 16:19
To: TekScopes
Subject: Re: [TekScopes] T0-39 to T0-92

On Mon, Jul 22, 2019 at 5:10 AM <exojam825@hotmail.com> wrote:

I apologize if this has been asked but I was wondering if a T0-92 cased transistor could be used in place of a T0-32 transistor.

This would be for a 465B scope.

An example of what transistor I would be inquiring about.

Q4146 Tek PN 151-0406-00
Manufacturer information 01295, SGC7212
2N5401 T0-39 case
Tektronix certainly knew there were TO-92 and TO-18 transistors, so
when they used a TO-39 part, it was generally because they needed the
extra power capability.

In this particular case, the original 2N5401 part was in TO-92, and
they went to the trouble of having a custom part made in TO-39, so
it's even more likely that there was a good reason for it.

P.S. You are using a zero as the second character in TO, when it
should be letter O. TO = transistor outline