Re: DP501 Digital Prescaler

On Mon, Jul 15, 2019 at 12:48 AM, walter shawlee wrote:

other Tek counters, like my DC503, which has a GHz indicator,
AFAIK, neither the DC503 nor the DC503A counters (100/125 MHz AFAIK) has a GHz indicator. They wouldn't be aware of a prescaler present, unless through special backplane connections as you suggest, which could pull all kinds of tricks, even changing the time base frequency "in prescaled mode only" by an equivalent factor. Ugly but it would work...

Just guessing and mentioning possible solutions because I have no docs nor a DC503(A).

Raymond