Re: 7A26 Ch 1 gain low

OK I'll make some guesses.

1. Have you checked that the output level from the attenuators is correct (same both channels)?

2. Does the problem occur at other volts/div settings?

3. What frequency signal are you testing with? Is the problem also present at DC?

4. You may be reduced to comparing signal levels on each channel through the various amplifier stage until you find one with low output. If you find one initially suspect any surrounding gain setting components, but equally could try swapping the ICs between channels.

HtH
David

-----Original Message-----
From: TekScopes@groups.io [mailto:TekScopes@groups.io] On Behalf Of Colin Herbert via Groups.Io
Sent: 11 July 2019 11:03
To: TekScopes@groups.io
Subject: Re: [TekScopes] 7A26 Ch 1 gain low

Doesn't anyone have any comments?

Colin.
-----Original Message-----
From: TekScopes@groups.io [mailto:TekScopes@groups.io] On Behalf Of Colin Herbert via Groups.Io
Sent: 09 July 2019 13:20
To: TekScopes@groups.io
Subject: [TekScopes] 7A26 Ch 1 gain low

I have a 7A26 dual trace vertical amplifier with a Ch 1 gain problem. When trying to set the gain, I cannot set it correctly, as the GAIN adjust goes to fully clockwise but the trace on the CRT is a mm or so low. This is with the VOLTS/DIV at 10mV and a 20mV square wave from my PG506. The VOLTS/DIV VAR control won't go beyond this either. Ch 2 works fine, with about one small division of excess available using both the GAIN adjust and the VOLTS/DIV VAR. Anyone have any ideas?
TIA, Colin.

Join TekScopes@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.