Re: Oregon Public Broadcasting "Oregon Experience - The Spirit of Tek"

Jim Ford

Not to take this too far off topic, but I work for Raytheon now, and it's pretty hard for me to imagine RTN building their own scopes!  I didn't know about the scopes, but I do remember the RC4558 op amps and the DSP chips RTN acquired from TRW in the 1980's or 1990's. Later, I worked for RF power amplifier manufacturer Powerwave.  We had more than a few engineers come over from a competitor, Spectrian.  Spectrian management had the bonehead idea of fabricating their own transistors, instead of buying them from Motorola.  The former Spectrian engineers had had to use their own crappy devices!  20 years later and both Spectrian and Powerwave are out of business.   Oh well.JimSent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

-------- Original message --------From: ironcoder@charter.net Date: 6/13/19 10:16 AM (GMT-08:00) To: TekScopes@groups.io Subject: Re: [TekScopes] Oregon Public Broadcasting "Oregon Experience - The Spirit of Tek" Thanks Brian. That was a very good video. Wish I had worked there. I remember working at Raytheon in Seattle from 1970 to 1980. During that time, a Raytheon representative came to our office and wanted to sell us Raytheon scopes. I showed him my 465. I told him that the Raytheon knock off was inferior and to go away. Yes, Raytheon refused to use its own oscilloscopes in favour of Tek. As you can guess that branch of Raytheon died a quick death.