Re: 2465B battery

Tony Fleming

Does mine 2465DMS have also a battery? Where is it? Thanks.

On Fri, May 31, 2019 at 11:23 AM Bob Koller via Groups.Io <testtech=
yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

You are correct, that the SMD control boards B05+, have the Dallas chip.
The earlier boards, and the 2465A, use a Keeper LTC-7P battery. These are
virtually never bad, I don't think I have had to replace more than one or
two, in the many dozens of scope I have repaired over the years. You can of
course replace if you want, but would loose the cal constants unless you
tag another battery with current limit resistor across whilst swapping. I
have done this many times with other instruments.