Re: Clock error on TDS3034

David Kuhn

" I recently bought a nice TDS3034.
Unfortunately, its clock has a problem: I may set date and time but it does
not keep it, not even without a restart. "

Hello Raymond. I found a Dallas DRAM from some place in Florida that
someone on here recommended (it may have been on the EEVBLOG forum. I know
that's not much help. But once replaced, the scope booted all weird and
wouldn't boot. I needed to hold in the "B TRIG" button while powering-up
to reset the scope.

With my nearly dead DRAM, not only did it loose time, it also could not
remember the GPIB address, it kept resetting to "0".

Do not buy the DALLAS DRAM on EBAY from China. They send you a fake chip
for ~$35.

Okay, I think I found it. I think I bought the DALLAS DRAM chip from:
NAC Group, Inc. dba NAC Semi <http://www.nacsemi.com/>http://www.nacsemi.com
I got lucky and go a chip with some battery life left in. When I replace
it, I solder lead carriers in to the board. They were short enough that
the chip could get installed and have room (with may 1/4" to spare) for the
I/O module cage when re-assembling. I paid $38.99 for the chip.
Dave

On Sun, May 26, 2019 at 1:42 PM Raymond Domp Frank <@Raymond>
wrote:

I recently bought a nice TDS3034.
Unfortunately, its clock has a problem: I may set date and time but it
does not keep it, not even without a restart.
Could this be just a bad backup battery and if so, could the calibration
state be affected, either already or when replacing the battery? Does this
model have a Dallas NVRAM?
I’m not at home so I haven’t had time to check amplitude calibration etc.
nor opened the case. Fast edge seems ok (have a Leo Bodnar pulser with me).
Thanks for any responses!
Raymond