Re: TDS744 not 'A' has a problem , help needed

Brian

I dont know how you guys search on eBay , here in the UK it defaults to car parts when it cant find anything -- most irritating , I dont even have one now

TDS420A input assemblies have 2 chips and they are not too expensive although more than I'd like

On Wednesday, 29 May 2019, 17:13:12 BST, Bob Koller via Groups.Io <testtech=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

There may be one on eBay, searching for the p/n returns one possible hit, but the description is poor.
You might be able to probe around the chip.
Tekwiki has the service manual for the Tek 1740A series, this part is used there as well, and the schematic <9> shows the pinout.The DACULATOR outputs go to a track and hold.

Whenever I suspect one, I just replace it, pretty much always solves the problem, but you may have something else going on of course...