From: Brad Thompson, Sent: Saturday, May 25, 2019 1:24 PM
Subject: [TekScopes] Packaging 7854 scope for shipment?

Hello--

I'm thinking of offering my 7854 FS and I'd appreciate advice on packaging it for survival on shipment to U.S. addresses. IIRC, packing the plug-ins and keyboard separately is advisable, as is double-boxing the mainframe.
I'd plan on swaddling the scope in multiple layers of bubble-wrap, with a sheet of resilient foam to protect the front panel.

Our local pack-and-ship store has a bad reputation. Has anyone successfully used a commercial mover that offers pack-and-ship services?

If packing turns out to be a hassle, I'll list it for local pickup only.

Thanks in advance, and 73--

Brad AA1IP

--
Dennis Tillman W7PF