Re: OT: App that keeps track of "Or Best Offer" auctions on eBay to tell you what a seller will accept.

Kevin Oconnor

@Jim Potter
I should have been clearer. What I meant was that, as a competitor trying to figure out what an item sold for and to price the same or similar item, past fixed price sales are misleading. An item may routinely sell for 25% of the fixed price listing through offers and you will never know that ( the opaque part). The discount seller can suppress competition this way.
I also see numerous sellers with outrageous shipping and undervalued fixed pricing. Since FVF does not include shipping, their skirt the eBay fee structure but still make a hefty profit if there is ever a buyer. This is against eBay policy, but they don’t do anything about it.