Re: Packaging 7854 scope for shipment?

redarlington

I'd ask a professional.

I'd also question anything they suggest that you think would not survive a
trip down a flight of stairs.

Really, pack it like you think it's going to be tossed down a flight of
stairs. Pack it so any internal boxes can't shift around and move up
against an external box or crate. The goal is to stop any impact on the
outside from reaching the scope.

If you think packing will cost more than the scope is worth, then don't
ship it (unless of course, somebody is willing to pay to do it right). I
suspect doing it "right" will cost well over $100 to ship a state or three
over.

You might get lucky with expanding foam packing around the scope, inside a
box, and then put that box inside a whole other box, and insulate it on all
sides with something that won't shift around.

Best of luck, and you might need it, and usually I have it when buying test
equipment.

-Bob N3XKB

On Sat, May 25, 2019 at 2:24 PM Brad Thompson <brad.thompsonaa1ip@...>
wrote:

Hello--

I'm thinking of offering my 7854 FS and I'd appreciate advice on
packaging it
for survival on shipment to U.S. addresses. IIRC, packing the plug-ins and
keyboard separately is advisable, as is double-boxing the mainframe.
I'd plan on swaddling the scope in multiple layers of bubble-wrap, with
a sheet
of resilient foam to protect the front panel.

Our local pack-and-ship store has a bad reputation. Has anyone
successfully used a
commercial mover that offers pack-and-ship services?

If packing turns out to be a hassle, I'll list it for local pickup only.

Thanks in advance, and 73--

Brad AA1IP
--
Sent from Postbox <https://www.postbox-inc.com>