Re: Packaging 7854 scope for shipment?

Doug Bercich

Where are you located? (an approximation is fine)
Perhaps someone here on the list might be interested, and you’ll know it
went to a good home. ;-)

I absolutely adore my 7854!

I’d consider it just as a spare.

Best regards!

On Sat, May 25, 2019 at 3:24 PM Brad Thompson <brad.thompsonaa1ip@...>
wrote:

Hello--

I'm thinking of offering my 7854 FS and I'd appreciate advice on
packaging it
for survival on shipment to U.S. addresses. IIRC, packing the plug-ins and
keyboard separately is advisable, as is double-boxing the mainframe.
I'd plan on swaddling the scope in multiple layers of bubble-wrap, with
a sheet
of resilient foam to protect the front panel.

Our local pack-and-ship store has a bad reputation. Has anyone
successfully used a
commercial mover that offers pack-and-ship services?

If packing turns out to be a hassle, I'll list it for local pickup only.

Thanks in advance, and 73--

Brad AA1IP
--
Sent from Postbox <https://www.postbox-inc.com>