Packaging 7854 scope for shipment?

Brad Thompson

Hello--

I'm thinking of offering my 7854 FS and I'd appreciate advice on packaging it
for survival  on shipment to U.S. addresses. IIRC, packing the plug-ins and
keyboard separately is advisable,  as is double-boxing the mainframe.
I'd plan on swaddling the scope in multiple layers of bubble-wrap, with a sheet
of resilient foam to protect the front panel.

Our local pack-and-ship store has a bad reputation. Has anyone successfully used a
commercial mover that offers pack-and-ship services?

If packing turns out to be a hassle, I'll list it for local pickup only.

Thanks in advance, and 73--

Brad  AA1IP
--
Sent from Postbox <https://www.postbox-inc.com>