Re: Replacing Power LED/light on TEK 2465BCT

Chuck Harris

For what it is worth, the little green indicator
is mechanically very fidgety and delicate, and
is often broken on the scopes I get for repair

The problem is a very tiny push arm moves the
shutters that hide the green spot, it breaks,
and is too small to glue.

The only way to reliably fix it is to replace it.

-Chuck Harris

Ken Winterling wrote:

I have a 2465DVS which is essentially the same scope. It, too, has the mechanical green indicator built into the power button.Ken WA2LBI LG G6 ------ Original message------From: Tony FlemingDate: Sat, May 25, 2019 10:42To: TekScopes@groups.io;Cc: Subject:Re: [TekScopes] Replacing Power LED/light on TEK 2465BCTMine 2465DMS has no light - it is a switch - when you press it in, a green
internal insert is visible so it looks like a very dim light, but there
isn't any light there - at least on mine.
BUT I don't have your model exactly, so I don't know if changes were made
in yours.

On Sat, May 25, 2019 at 12:37 AM wrote:

I just acquired a very low-hour 2465BCT. Everything seems to work
perfectly with one exception, it appears that the Power LED/light is not
working. Is this part easy to replace?

I'm an EE and none of the internal workings scare me, but I'd probably
ignore the indicator light right now if it requires a bunch of work to
replace. Thanks!

Tom