Re: WTB 7L12 + S-6 + S-52

Jim Ford

I bet!  Not quite as much fun as my HP 8566, but I have to hope the 8566 doesn't crap out someday.  Might be nice to have a 7L12 or 7L18 as a backup.Still, I hesitate to use a Tek spec an 25 years after being forced to use one (a real PITA).  HPAK spec ans rule, IMO.  If it weren't for the space and weight I would have several 8566's.JimSent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

-------- Original message --------From: Kyle Rhodes <ksrhodes@...> Date: 5/23/19 10:25 AM (GMT-08:00) To: TekScopes@groups.io Subject: Re: [TekScopes] WTB 7L12 + S-6 + S-52 Yes, sorry, that was a typo — I also already have a 7L12, which is a lot of fun! :)> On May 23, 2019, at 1:11 PM, Jim Ford <james.ford@...> wrote:> > Hi, Kyle. I think you want a 7S12, not a 7L12.  7S12 is the TDR/sampler.  The 7L12, while a desirable spectrum analyzer plug-in in its own right, won't get you TDR functionality. Jim Ford Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone> -------- Original message --------From: Kyle Rhodes <ksrhodes@...> Date: 5/23/19  9:48 AM  (GMT-08:00) To: TekScopes@groups.io Subject: [TekScopes] WTB 7L12 + S-6 + S-52 Watching the CuriousMarc YouTube channel has me wanted to setup a TDR rigin a bad way...I'm interested in purchasing a 7L12 along with a pulse generator andsampling head, such as the S-6 and S-52.I see a complete setup on eBay, but it's being sold as-is / untested.  Idon't really want to risk that -- I'm going to presume it was tested, andis bad...Any help in finding a setup is appreciated!Thanks,Kyle> >

Join TekScopes@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.