Re: 7904 excessive shadow/flare

Chuck Harris

The 7904, because of its very high anode voltage, and its
mesh lens is one of the worst scopes in existence for reflections
and flare inside of the CRT. But I like it anyway.

-Chuck Harris

unclebanjoman wrote:

No, the artifact is visible with any type of signal.
It also appears using the signal standardizer. I used the latter today to perform some calibrations on my 7904 and I was very irritated by this halo / flare effect.
With sweep rates of 0.1-0.5 sec and no signal applied is clearly visible the usual "globus" leading/lagging the spot.
Already with moderate brightness the artifact is visible.

Max