Re: OT: I/V curve tracing made easy with Python and PyVISA

Tony Fleming

Magnus, and most or all of you are in a "stratosphere" compared to me, who
is trying to learn my Tektronix 2465 DMS! But I also have P6407 and I would
like to learn how to use it.
Can anyone out there help me with something simple I can try to connect it?
I never have anything like this before, so use very simple terms what all I
need please.
You all were very helpful with my scope, when it was sick and now it works,
thanks to you all. I found this group to be the most helpful group out
there!
Thank you very much.
Tony

On Fri, May 17, 2019 at 10:49 AM magnustoelle via Groups.Io <magnustoelle=
yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

Good Day,

thank you for your kind comments, Gentlemen. And thank you for that
weblink and the German figure of speech, Albert! :-)

The trouble is that I am looking at my Keithley 230 programmable voltage
source and the Keithley type 195 DMM (with its 100pA resolution) at the
shelves right behind my back right now. Both are equipped with GPIB, but
I have never done much with either device yet - and they keep staring at
me.
In combination with the FLUKE 8840A DMM, they might turn into a much
better curve tracer setup than the mentioned Grundig Digimess PN300
alone. More to come!

Tot ziens,

Magnus

[..]
A basic introduction corresponding to what Magnus does in his script is
here for example:

https://www.edn.com/design/test-and-measurement/4441692/How-to-automate-measurements-with-Python
I tried Python successfully for command communication (both serial and
GPIB) with my CSA803 but only to verify that it is possible.
(Magnus, I guess "a lot of water has flown through the river Rhein"
while
you composed that Python script ;-)

Albert