Re: Again a 7854 power supply beast to be repaired...

unclebanjoman

OK Harvey,

I did as you suggested, putting a V and H plugin. Here the results:

1) Trace is moveable in both horizontal and vertical position. So I put the trace off-screen to avoid CRT damage.
2) Readout is visible.
3) All the display is highly blurred
4) Focus and astigmatism works but in a barely manner because the the display is at very very high intensity.
5) With another scope I checked the output of the Z-axys board (board A21, diagram 13) test point TP183: the output is stuck at approx. +120V. No pulses or other artifacts are visible. Moving the A, B or readout intensity has no effect.

Max

Max