Re: My TDR Evaluation of the SG503 012-0482-00 Cable has been uploaded

Richard Knoppow

Where does it show the speed of light in a vacuum? The TDR should be calibrated to the speed of light (electricity) in the cable. For 50 Ohm cable its about 66% of c. Varies with the impedance of the cable. If you know the physical length of the cable you can determine both its impedance and the velocity from it.

On 4/29/2019 1:26 AM, Albert Otten wrote:
Interesting stuff Dennis! I have to look at it in more detail. I consider repeating these tests since I have both Tek cables, though I don't have quality SMA-BNC adapters.
Most remarkable is the slow speed of light in vacuum in the USA ;-)
Albert
--
Richard Knoppow
dickburk@...