Re: 2465B Parametric Freq Measurement Error

Tony Fleming

Is my Tektronix 2465 DMS using the same part number or do I need a
different one?
Where would I find more information how to perform the replacement?
Thanks.
Tony

On Sun, Apr 28, 2019 at 8:43 PM Chuck Harris <cfharris@erols.com> wrote:

The parametric measurements use the trigger hybrid extensively,
and their performance is directly related to how well that hybrid
performs. Some are better than others.

-Chuck Harris

joe@reforyou.net wrote:
After successfully calibrating my 2465B, it reports "All tests passed"
on start up. The question marks are all gone! My issue is with the
parametric measurement of frequency. When I attempt to measure the
frequency of a sine wave at frequencies higher than 10 MHz, the scope
reports the frequency as 35.62 kHz. Any test frequency above 10 MHz gets
the exact same report, 35.62 kHz. Below 10 MHz, it reports various
incorrect values (i.e. a 4.89 MHz signal is reported as 6.35 MHz). At
about 500 kHz and lower frequencies, the scope reports the correct
frequency. I have replaced the PAL at U975 - no change. Any suggestions?