Re: Tek485 - a quick question on disabling/bypassing power supply protection

Kevin Oconnor

Had similar problems years ago and the problem was those little tants going short. Rather hazy on the details now, but I remember how infuriating those power supply interlocking systems were. With supplies disconnected and unplugged and unpowered, be sure there are no shorts or low resistance paths to ground from all of the rails. (Beating the obvious though).
I vaguely remember once replacing a TO92 bjt somewhere causing power supply problems. I’ll dig out my service manual to see if I made a note.

I don’t know how Tek did service, but even with the manual, I don’t recall a means to bypass supply sequencing.

KJO