Yeah, I've experienced the "grow to overflow the space" already. I'm sure I will expand to fill any space I get. My main focus is RF (the comparatively light weight of the 7904A relative to my HP 8566 and 8568 spectrum analyzers is refreshing!) and digital.
toggle quoted messageShow quoted text
On Sat, Apr 20, 2019 at 04:45 PM, Harvey White wrote:
Ah, now, based on my lab:
1) PC board fabrication, about 5 feet by 2 feet.
2) DC calibration (one rack and desk space)
3) RF work, maybe the same
4) Digital (main focus), about 4 feet worth of space)
5) Scope calibration (2 feet, often borrowed)
6) miscellaneous (borrowed, you decide)
7) PC board assembly and desoldering (4 feet)
8) plugin stack and tool chests (4 feet)
9) place to sit (3 feet) (!)
10) door (needed one of them somehow)
11) window (etc...)
You're getting the idea....
Labs automatically expand to 2x the available space.....