Re: What's the rubber pad under the 2465?

Bob Koller <testtech@...>

I saw the explanation for the rubber pad, I think on the VintageTek site, from an engineer on the 2465 project. The reason the pad was included was, there were incidents of the input attenuator ceramic substrate being broken if the instrument was impacted on the case bottom rather than the feet. Something about the case seam transferring the force into the substrate. As I recall the case seam was also moved off center.
I have replaced a few broken attenuators, but didn't understand the mechanism.
If I can find the info I will ad it.