Re: Time for an inventory or size really does matter

Harvey White

On Fri, 12 Apr 2019 03:33:00 +0000, you wrote:

Reading this thread with amusement and interest. I thought the Collins R390A was heavy until I piled up two DSA602A's one atop the other on my (sturdy) bench. I think the 556 weighs in at the top end as well.

In the flow lab at my day job we have several rolling hydraulic platforms (200kg capacity, 50cm dia. lift plate) for moving equipment into position; I am thinking one those would be a good investment.
I have considered making something with some steel, acme threaded
rods, a belt drive, and perhaps a place for a portable drill. Not
sure about how to actually build it yet, or if I need something else,
but I do have a 120 pound Weston meter calibrator (which thankfully
does AC volts) that is not going to go anywhere without someone else's
help. The DC stuff, and the 7000 series stuff is light enough that I
can move it without a problem.

There's also the mill and lathe in the shop, and we won't even mention
the 30 inch shear and floor drill press.

Harvey

Shaun M.