Re: Time for an inventory or size really does matter

Glydeck

So.... I’m finally retiring in September and I’m hefting the 7854, 11401, 577, 547, 570 and 575 out of the basement, yikes! At least there is an elevator.

George — KD6NEW

On Apr 11, 2019, at 5:04 PM, Harvey White <madyn@...> wrote:

On Thu, 11 Apr 2019 21:08:36 +0000 (UTC), you wrote:

Hamfests! I totally agree. My 575 is on an appropriate vintage cart, as is my 545. My 7854 is on a Tek cart as well (probably not the correct one, but it works). But there is no way I would want to pay for shipping on something so big as a cart. I got mine at hamfests. Great investments!Dan
If you had the room, perhaps you could make an overhead lift out of
some garage door track, some tubular steel, and (if you want) an
electric tow hook.

Might not be a bad idea for those with some of the 500 series scopes,
and far more convenient than an engine hoist.

Harbor freight makes scissors lifts, that with a ramp, might also do a
decent job of lifting a scope.

Harvey

On Thursday, April 11, 2019, 2:46:59 PM EDT, Phillip Potter <p.potter@...> wrote:

This is me, all the way!

Last summer, a 575 jumped (the previous owner lifted it) into my van and
it came home with me... OMGosh! I had to hire a youngster to heft it
out.?? I am disabled with Cerebral Palsy, so now I have a scope that I
can't lift... drats, but I did want one tube Tek piece for my Tek
Collection.?? I might have been too hasty, but it comes from a fella who
is my test gear go to guy who lives only about 50 miles from my summer
home.?? He's divesting (his wife's idea...) and I am
investing/ingesting/regressing... whatever.?? I sure could use a Tek cart
for that 575.

Phil

On 4/11/2019 10:27 AM, Daniel Koller via Groups.Io wrote:
trying desperately to put a personal moratorium on acquiring anything that requires a 2-man lift.