From: Hawker
Sent: Tuesday, April 09, 2019 10:21 AM
Subject: Re: [TekScopes] Unusual TM5xx(x) MF - its not a TM500 or a
TM5000

I wonder if that is different than the A series?
I have a TM504A. AFAIK the 504A is a 504 beefed up (bigger caps and
pass transistors) and fan specifically designed for the audio
distortion analyzer and signal generator plug ins. It has a fan but
does not have the lower venting.of the TM5000x series. It also does
not have GPIB as the OP mentioned. It is not a 5000x series but a 500
series main frame. It does look more modern than a TM504 but not as
modern as a 5000 series or as tall.

The funny thing about the TM504A is, although it was designed for
Audio plug ins, the fan is so crazy noisy I can't stand to use it. I
did replace it with a lower noise fan, with the same air flow, but it
is still really noisy and I can't stand to use it unless I have to due
to this.

--
Dennis Tillman W7PF
TekScopes Moderator