Re: 11801 question

Jim Ford

Hi, Reg.I think you want 2.92 mm connectors.  2.4 mm connectors will not mate with SMAs.  SMA, 3.5 mm, and 2.92 mm are all mechanically compatible. I understand that 2.4 mm and 1.85 mm connectors will intermate but not with SMA and the like. Jim Ford Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

-------- Original message --------From: "Reginald Beardsley via Groups.Io" <pulaskite=yahoo.com@groups.io> Date: 3/29/19 4:51 PM (GMT-08:00) To: TekScopes@groups.io Subject: Re: [TekScopes] 11801 question Albert,I've got the splitter setup running using two ports on a single SD-22.  The delay between the traces is very stable, but relative to on screen cursors it moves around by 1-2 ps.  Leo Bodnar commented he thought the low frequency shifting was due to avalanche operation in the heads.I'm using split cursors on the first peak of the step, but I get similar results if I pick a point midway up the edge.  However, I'm using the 5 ps/div range.and 100 fs cursor steps.  Using a point midway on the edge seems to let me measure the delay to 200-300 fs with smoothing and 32 point averaging turned on.This is really just gratuitous playing with a new toy that fairly well blows my mind.  I bought four SD-26 heads with 2017 cal dates on eBay for $200 each.  When they arrive it will get very interesting as I have an 8 port splitter.  But that requires  8 length matched cables.  I'd like to get a crimper for RG402 SMA and 2.4 mm connectors but am having a hard time finding one.The 11801 FW is incredibly buggy, but when it's working properly it's an awesome instrument.  Now I just need an SD-24 and an SD-32 at sensible prices.Once I figure out how to get machine readable data off this beast I'll be able to do some really cool stuff.  At least after a week or two of math and physics ;-)Reg