Re: I wonder if there is much interest in vacuum tube oscilloscopes such as the 500 series

Kevin Wood G7BCS

I wonder if the lack of 500 series chat is down to them "just working" and
not needing much tweaking?

I have a 546 + 1A2 that came home from school in a wheelbarrow in my early
teenage years. It was donated to the school by a local firm (Marconi, if
memory serves) but was too complex for their purposes. A bit of
negotiation and it was mine! 30+ years later I've still got it and the
only thing I've had to do is swap in one of Chuck's rewound HV
transformers, although the trigger on one of the timebases has started to
play up, so I might be on the look out for a tunnel diode soon.

Kevin
G7BCS