From: TekScopes@groups.io [mailto:TekScopes@groups.io] On Behalf Of Jose Luu
Sent: 25 March 2019 23:29
To: TekScopes@groups.io
Subject: Re: [TekScopes] Repairability of SD-24, SD-30 & SD-32 sampling heads

https://www.qsl.net/ct1dmk/wbond_ex.html

This guy seem to have made a home hybrid lab and repairs. Could former professionals comment ?

Best
Jose

On Mon, Mar 25, 2019 at 9:30 PM Bob Koller via Groups.Io <testtech= yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

How well I know. My last job in the hybrid business was at Teledyne
Microelectronics. Space Qual parts had reams of paperwork, x-rays,
PIND test,photographs, etc...
Tek, Keysight, and many other still , out of necessity, use hybrid
technology with custom parts, in the front ends, and other places, of
very high frequency instruments. But, commercial hybrid production
has, I think, largely been supplanted by ASIC, FPGA, and more modern,
more reliable, less expensive technology.