Re: Repairability of SD-24, SD-30 & SD-32 sampling heads

Bob Koller

How well I know. My last job in the hybrid business was at Teledyne Microelectronics. Space Qual parts had reams of paperwork, x-rays, PIND test,photographs, etc...
Tek, Keysight, and many other still , out of necessity, use hybrid technology with custom parts, in the front ends, and other places, of very high frequency instruments. But, commercial hybrid production has, I think, largely been supplanted by ASIC, FPGA, and more modern, more reliable, less expensive technology.