Re: Looking for Sony-Tektronix 318 Logic Analyser Operator's Guide

Harvey White

On Tue, 12 Mar 2019 11:28:15 -0700, you wrote:

Hi:
It seems the Army one has a reasonable operator's section (Chapter 4?). What part isn't detailed enough?
My question is why: what can one do with a 50 MHz (1 mega-sample) logic analyzer...that you can't do with a cheap p.c. based one? (Am I missing something fun?)
Well, if you regard signature analysis as fun, then you can do that.
The 308 was more limited, but if you're looking at vintage electronics
that uses signature analysis, that's not a bad thing to have
available.

The cheap PC based ones make a lot of use of the PC processing power
that wasn't available at the time. However, standalone can be good.
(I do use logic analyzers, an HP16702B, for instance), but the latest
project uses a 10 dollar logic analyzer box, but it's used more for
I2C and serial data analysis than logic analysis.

Harvey

Regards.