Re: PG506 Repair - 20v & 50v standard amplitude is low

N3SWR

Solved....

After tearing into the PG506 for a while and re-verifying the divider networks to no avail, I discovered a bad BNC cable between the 3456A and GenCal resistor decade I was using. The darn thing had 38KΩ of resistance between the center conductor and shield - just enough to load down the network I was testing. That drove me crazy for days...

I figured I would post it here to close this out and not just leave it hanging in the breeze which irritates me, and others may learn from it - verify your test gear always ;)

Thanks to the group for the help as well ;)