Re: 91% Isopropyl Rubbing Alcohol to clean potentiometers?

Roy Thistle

On Wed, Mar 6, 2019 at 02:29 PM, Craig Sawyers wrote:

old gummy grease
Hi: Yes, I am not much of a fan of WD40. There is a lot of woo around it. However, there are times when its ability to dissolve gum (originating from mineral oil lubricants) is a good thing. (I've used it to clean some old, but really good, Germain made micrometers, and a Vernier... it worked good for cleaning out 30 year old gummed up oil... I was afraid to use other solvents because I didn't know if they would dissolve the ink/paint in the rulings.)
Regards