Re: TEST MESAGE. "Fw: You have been removed from TekScopes@groups.io"

Kyle Rhodes

Hi Adrian,

Right -- Gmail, aka Google mail. It's web based, so one doesn't need a
stand-alone client.

For those who have connection issues (slow / intermittent) there are two
additional options -- it allows for a simplified view that works better for
slow connections. It also has a Chrome extension called Gmail Offline that
works like a stand-alone client in that it will queue email compositions
and sync send/receive tasks once online. I personally use this when I'm
traveling abroad and have limited internet access.

It will not work with an old email address, so one must migrate that, which
is perhaps what you're primarily asking about? In my case, I simply
forward old email accounts to my Gmail address, and and I can easily
auto-label emails sent to these other accounts, and even reply as if I'm
replying from these accounts. I also have several domain email addresses
aliased to my Gmail for my businesses.

In the background, Gmail has quite a sophisticated number of settings and
it works very well -- for me anyway.

Thanks,
Kyle

--
KSR Amps / Rhodes Amplification, LLC
Kyle Rhodes

On Thu, Mar 7, 2019 at 6:14 AM Adrian <Adrian@nicol1.org.uk> wrote:

Hi Kyle, is the 'Gmail' you are refer to the Google email service?

If so, I didn't think it's offers a stand-alone email client like
Thunderbird, Eudora etc so no use for anyone who needs a client for
their own email or am I missing something here?

Adrian

On 3/7/2019 2:43 AM, Kyle Rhodes wrote:
Agreed Dave. I was surprised to see so many people still use
Thunderbird, Eudora, and the like, complaining of attachments, etc.

I’ve been on Gmail since it was launched and I’ve never looked back. It
also automagically threads conversations so there aren’t any concerns of
who said what with the various complaints I see of people not quoting
replies properly....