I've wrestled with lots of silver plated tube sockets and connectors and
there Deoxit and NevrDull are really helpful
Don

On Wed, Mar 6, 2019 at 10:58 AM n4buq <n4buq@knology.net> wrote:

I may be wrong, but if this is in regards to the attenuator fingers, I
think they're gold plated so no corrosion should be present and only
cleaning with IPA is necessary/recommended.

Thanks,
Barry - N4BUQ

----- Original Message -----
From: "Don A" <don.asquin@gmail.com>
To: TekScopes@groups.io
Sent: Wednesday, March 6, 2019 9:34:10 AM
Subject: Re: [TekScopes] Help with 465 repair - no signal on
50mv/100mv/200mv ranges

If you need to clean switches I don't find Isopropyl Alcohol (IPA)does a
great job. I use the Deoxit products from CAIG. https://caig.com/
They have products for cleaning switches Deoxit D series and products for
cleaning potentiometers the Deoxit Fader series.

To me, the problem with IPA is that it is a solvent that cleans grease
but
won't remove tarnish. Deoxit D series will. For very tarnished surfaces
(say
tube sockets or connector pins) I use a product called Nevr Dull
http://www.nevrdull.com/ This a very fine polish that works great.

Yes, these product are expensive but the last a very long time for many
projects.

My thoughts
Don