From: "Don A" <don.asquin@gmail.com>
To: TekScopes@groups.io
Sent: Wednesday, March 6, 2019 9:34:10 AM
Subject: Re: [TekScopes] Help with 465 repair - no signal on 50mv/100mv/200mv ranges

If you need to clean switches I don't find Isopropyl Alcohol (IPA)does a
great job. I use the Deoxit products from CAIG. https://caig.com/
They have products for cleaning switches Deoxit D series and products for
cleaning potentiometers the Deoxit Fader series.

To me, the problem with IPA is that it is a solvent that cleans grease but
won't remove tarnish. Deoxit D series will. For very tarnished surfaces (say
tube sockets or connector pins) I use a product called Nevr Dull
http://www.nevrdull.com/ This a very fine polish that works great.

Yes, these product are expensive but the last a very long time for many
projects.

My thoughts
Don