Re: Wow Radio Shack desoldering Iron Best review ever, Re: [TekScopes] 466-464 stray wire

Ahh. The old C-64....sold my last one in late 1992. Even sold a couple assembly language programs to Compute's Gazette in 1990 and 1993.
Think I still have a VIC video chip as a souvenir around. PLA chip was a common failure point.
Did some repairs myself...remember the PSU used to die after much gaming. It was cast in epoxy and overheated. Started building custom PSUs for the C 64.
But these days I use a Hakko 808 desoldering tool with built in vacuum for thru hole parts, solder wick for SMT jobs.

AncelB