Re: Tektronix 577-177 test jig measurements.

tom jobe <tomjobe@...>

Hi Bob,
I checked the two 575's I have and they fit the later style test fixtures that have the Kelvin connectors quite well. I also checked the with some 'Pomona' brand dual banana plugs so that I was only testing two banana plug sockets at a time, and again all seemed well.
Measuring the center to center spacing of the banana plugs on multiple test fixtures showed them to have a range of center to center dimensions of about 0.745 to 0.755 inches or  18.92 mm to 19.18 mm.
The nature of banana plug hardware seems to be very forgiving of small errors in the center to center spacing.
tom jobe...

On 2/13/2019 10:16 AM, bobkrassa wrote:
Dennis is correct about the standard 3/4" spacing for dual banana plugs, but on my 575 it is a little difficult to insert the later 576/577 fixtures as the pins on the fixtures seem to be just a bit more than 3/4" apart. Loosening the plastic nuts on the 575 helps but does not allow full insertion. Seems as though this may have been discussed some time ago on this group.

Bob Krassa ACØJL