Re: Tek 555 Capacitor Replacement List?

fiftythreebuick <ae5i@...>

Matt, whatever you do, don't give up on it! You'll love the scope once it's running right.

The service manual is your friend. The circuit description really does contain what you need to know to troubleshoot the various sections of the scope. Those are the most complete, well written manuals that I have ever seen for anything. My favorite tool for working on the power supplies in a scope like this would be another scope with a differential comparator vertical unit installed. A 545A with a Type W, or a 7623A with a couple of 7A13s or something similar.

Please don't hesitate to contact me off-list if I can be of any help!

Tom

Matt Russell
Feb 10 #154276

they are really an amazing device for certain. I know it is out of my league, but I will do all in my power to get this thing back to its normal operation. I literally saw a video about it and how it modulated it 6.3v heater circuit, and I just knew when I heard how it all operates, that I need to have one period. Any information that you have I will happily accept.