From: TekScopes@groups.io <TekScopes@groups.io> On Behalf Of Dan Fish
Sent: Sunday, February 3, 2019 8:56 PM
To: TekScopes@groups.io
Subject: [TekScopes] TDS 500 600 700 series calibration

I used to calibrate the 500MHz scopes but got rid of the AT PC and GPIB card. Still have the TM500 series plugins in the equipment list. Recently bought a TDS 584 (1GHz) with a bad display, crinkled gel between color shutter and front glass. Fixed that by removing gel. Found I could pull a length of wire (jacketed) between the layers to separate for cleaning. After display fixed found that a previous owner had thrown #3 dip switch to skip processor tests at turn on. This masks the calibration failure due to Dallas NVROM battery run down. So I have a nice pristine 1GHz DSO brick. I do have ability to copy the NVROM and put in a fresh one.

Does anyone know if the calibration procedure and equipment list for the 1GHz scopes is the same as the one I am familiar with for the 500 MHz scopes? I need to make a decision to gear up again for calibration or just put it up for sale.

Thanks, Dan