From: TekScopes@groups.io <TekScopes@groups.io> On Behalf Of Mark Goldberg
Sent: Sunday, February 3, 2019 9:13 PM
To: TekScopes@groups.io
Subject: Re: [TekScopes] TDS 500 600 700 series calibration

On Sun, Feb 3, 2019 at 9:56 PM Dan Fish <defish1@...> wrote:

I used to calibrate the 500MHz scopes but got rid of the AT PC and
GPIB card. Still have the TM500 series plugins in the equipment list.
Recently bought a TDS 584 (1GHz)

Does anyone know if the calibration procedure and equipment list for
the 1GHz scopes is the same as the one I am familiar with for the 500 MHz
scopes? I need to make a decision to gear up again for calibration or
just put it up for sale.

Have you checked with any calibration labs? I have a modern MDO3024 scope and the calibration is apparently fully automated. Cost is only $134 for an accredited local third party lab to do it and provide me a cal sticker. My HP 8642A signal generator costs more than twice as much to calibrate. I believe much more labor is required. Maybe this scope is new enough to be easy and not too expensive to calibrate.

Regards,

Mark