Re: 7A26 attenuator compensation problem

On Sun, Jan 27, 2019 at 10:15 AM, Cliff Carrie wrote:

Even at the 5mv setting, you are depending on switch contacts at each
attenuator stage to pass the signal through without adding series resistance.
That's why the vertical instability check is so important.
Agreed.

Don't try any frequency compensation adjustments until you get DC stability in all >attenuator settings, including 5mv.
Very agreed.

Cliff Carrie
Jan 26 #153944

There are small resistors on the board between the attenuator modules. The resistors >and the attenuator modules are both pluggable.
The RESISTORS are pluggable ? That might be my problem. If it turns out to be you saved me some time etc. thanks.