Re: 2467B Trace flicker

Chuck Harris <cfharris@...>

Of course, and that is how I learned to love electronics as
a child. I explored things that were of absolutely no value
to anyone... I was quite a dump scavenger in the day.

I don't think many of you think a 2467B is in the same league
as a 1960's TV, straight from the dump, was in 1970.

If I have missed a video showing something amazingly bad on
this scope, I apologize, but from all of the words I have
read, I am 99% sure that the OP is chasing a ghost that cannot
be fixed without redesigning the scope.

I have yet to see a 2465B that didn't have trace flicker.

-Chuck Harris

Siggi wrote:

On Fri, Jan 25, 2019 at 9:17 AM Chuck Harris <cfharris@erols.com> wrote:

Do the next guy that owns your scope a favor and put away
your soldering iron. If you don't know why a part should be
replaced, you might want to think about it some more.
Aw, c'mon.
Exploration and failure are a great way to learn, and this scope is after
all Evan's rescue.
How many of those old scopes are ending up in landfill, do you think - and
if every new admirer of this old tech is shouted off the lawn, then they'll
all end up in landfill.