From: TekScopes@groups.io <TekScopes@groups.io> on behalf of David DiGiacomo <daviddigiacomo@gmail.com>
Sent: Thursday, January 24, 2019 2:10 PM
To: TekScopes@groups.io
Subject: Re: [TekScopes] Tektronix 575 help

Do NOT use non-lead silver bearing solder on the ceramic terminal strips
in your 575. It will ruin them.
This seems farfetched to me. It seems like it would only be a problem
if you managed to remove all of the original solder, and repeatedly
resoldered with tin-lead.

Has anyone ever managed to remove the silver plating from a terminal
strip, either in the course of normal repairs, or by intentionally
trying to do so?