From: TekScopes@groups.io <TekScopes@groups.io> on behalf of Dan Cordova via Groups.Io <danny_cordov=yahoo.com@groups.io>
Sent: Thursday, January 24, 2019 11:38 AM
To: TekScopes@groups.io
Subject: Re: [TekScopes] Tektronix Neon Light replacement parts?

I can get the NE-23 bulbs, so that's what I will replace them with, especially since that's what's on the schematic.
Thanks for the help.
Dan

On Thursday, January 24, 2019, 11:11:44 AM PST, Dave Wise <david_wise@phoenix.com> wrote:

Tek 500-series scope applications of neon lamps are typically as voltage limiters, not references or multivibrators. Circuit voltage can rise to the strike voltage before the lamp begins to limit.

I don't know whether the 575 also uses its lamps as limiters, but I expect that it does. Sorry, don't have time to study the schematics. I'm sure many others here know it better than me.

Dave Wise